Jacqueline Onalo FRSA
Founder and Director of JOLT International; a Leadership Development Organisation
Solicitor at R. Spio and Company Solicitors
Jacqueline Onalo’s mantra, “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. “ ~An African saying.
Jacqueline Wedube Onalo is an award-winning lawyer and leadership trainer. She is a barrister and solicitor of England and Wales as well as an advocate of the Supreme Court of Kenya. She is a Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (RSA).
She has been instrumental in supporting hundreds of individuals and organisations with their leadership development needs. Her clients are from both the private and public sector and she sits on several esteemed leadership think tanks. The largest public sector employer in the U.K., the National Health Service (NHS) is one of her clients.
She has designed a holistic youth leadership programme focusing on employability, career, entrepreneur, life and active citizenship skills. Youth leadership development is her passion, she believes real leaders create new leaders.
As an equality diversity and inclusion expert she supports organisations in ensuring that they do not only adhere to relevant legislation but strive to become values led.
She is an acclaimed international speaker, whose insight has been valuable on various forums including the UN focussing on the Status of women, at the House of Lords on the role of the African Diaspora woman in Africa Rising, at City Hall on the power of networks and international development, at various UK Universities on leadership programmes etc
Her work in Sub Saharan Africa in international grassroots development has transformed the lives of hundreds in rural and urban communities.
Some of her recent recognitions and awards include:
- Brummell Magazine’s 1 of 30 Most Inspirational Women in London 2017 for being a Transformational Leader, ChangeMaker.
- Lift Effects Award Recipient 2017 for her community work.
- Finalist as Positive Role Model for Race/Faith/Religion, National Diversity Awards September 2017. Selected out of 22,000 nominations and votes.
- 1 of 100 Rising Stars finalists for WeAreTheCity under the Law Category 2017. Selected from over 2000 nominees.
- Motivational Speaker of the Year: Women4Africa 2016.
- Community and Social Development Award Recipient: British African Development Award (BRAAD) 2015.
- Humanitarian Recognition: African Women in Europe 2015 (AWE) Awards.
- Finalist. Career Woman of the Year: Women4Africa 2015.
- Comic Relief African Diaspora ChangeMaker from 2014.
- She is the Chair of Community Development Initiatives (UK) http://cdi-uk.org and Young Christian Workers http://www.ycwimpact.com
LinkedIn: Jacqueline Onalo FRSA Twitter: @JacqueOnalo Instagram: @Namakhia_Malenya and @joltO1